Love ~VS~ Lust Part 1
Our Message of Hope This Month Is ~Love VS~ Lust
God is love and lust is the counterfeit of God's love.
What is a counterfeit?
A counterfeit is not genuine, it is false.
The Encarta dictionary defines false as:
- False is incorrect; not conforming to the facts or truth.
- False is resulting from a belief or a misunderstanding
- False is artificial: imitating, copying, or having the same function as a particular thing and replacing or used alongside it
- False is deliberately deceptive: done with or having the intention of deceiving somebody
- False is not genuine: intentionally made or adopted to deceive somebody
- False is treacherous: disloyal and untrustworthy
Going back to counterfeit, the Encarta dictionary defines counterfeit as:
- Counterfeit is forged: made as a copy of something, especially money, in order to defraud or deceive people
- Counterfeit is false: pretended in order to deceive somebody
Let's take a look at the definitions of love and lust:
Remember God is love and lust is the counterfeit of God's love.
Love & Lust as defined by Encarta dictionary:
What is love?
Love, to feel tender affection for somebody: to feel tender affection for somebody such as a close relative or friend, or for something such as a place, an ideal, or an animal
Love is to feel desire for somebody: to feel romantic and sexual desire and longing for somebody
Love is to like something or like doing, something very much
What Is Lust?
Lust a sexual desire: the strong physical desire to have sex with somebody, usually without associated feelings of love or affection
Lust is a great eagerness or enthusiasm for something a lust for power
My objective in sharing the message of hope, entitled love verse is lust is to distinguish the attributes and characteristics of God's love verses lust which is satan's imitation of God's love.
John 10:9-11, I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
This scripture clearly identifies the plans of the enemy, he comes to, steal, kill and destroy you!